This is not one of the healthier things TK and I eat, but it is so delicious and so easy I had to share it!
I got the recipe from a post on the website Six Sisters’ Stuff I found while cruising on Pintrest. I’ve made it a few times and have changed the recipe a bit to account for the crazy sodium content in soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.
I’ve made this dish three or four times already and TK has declared it his favorite. We usually eat it over rice and then TK takes the leftovers to work with a bun to make a sandwich. Hope you like it!
Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (we use low sodium)
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- generous dash of crushed red pepper
- Coat the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Lay the chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.
- Pour in the whole can of pineapple chunks, including juice.
- Give a generous dash of crushed red pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken before serving and serve over rice.
This has become a go-to Saturday meal for us. I love it! What’s your go-to meal for an easy dinner?