One popular dish I see fusing two different cuisines is the delicious Thai chicken pizza. As is evident on this blog I love Thai food, my husband loves pizza and I love trying new things.
First of all, let me dote upon Trader Joe’s pizza dough. So amazing! It comes in a dough-y ball that you let rise for a few minutes, roll out and then bake with your toppings. TK’s first remark when he took a bite of the pizza was, “This pizza is good, but the crust is great!”
I took this recipe from a couple different sources but kind of threw it together. So here it is:
Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 9 ounce jar peanut satay sauce
- 1 package Trader Joe’s pizza dough (or just a pre-made crust, but I highly recommend Trader Joe’s dough!)
- shredded carrots
- two green onions, cut into inch-long pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Combine half the sauce and the chicken in a bowl and place in fridge to marinate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare dough according to package. Stretch out on baking sheet.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the dough, then sprinkle cheese and chicken on top.
- Top with shredded carrots and green onions.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until dough is cooked through.
This also would have been good with peanuts on it, but I thought we had some at home when I went grocery shopping and got home to realize we didn’t. Next time I’ll add unsalted peanuts with the carrots and green onions. Mmm!