In my last post I said I had some goals for this month, and this post I’m going to give you an update and then a couple yummy recipes. I know, get excited.
So here are my goals:
1. Start running again – Well, I was going to start that this afternoon, but we had thunderstorms all around us and all the running websites I’ve visited said not to risk it if there’s lightning. And for some reason our apartment complex’s “fitness center” doesn’t have a treadmill. Hopefully the weather will clear up and I can start tomorrow.
2. Learn at least two healthy crock-pot recipes – TK and I just finished eating a delicious baked potato soup. Usually I’m leery of potato soups because they tend to be so creamy, but I eliminated the milk (which was kind of a mistake while reading the recipe but it still turned out great!), so it was better than I was expecting. Plus it was very tasty. Look below for the recipe (plus the recipe for the cheesy biscuits I made with it!).
3. Watch some football – I’m currently watching the UL- Monroe/Arkansas game. Did you know a pass interference gets 15 yards and a first down for the team the pass interference was performed against? I learned that tonight.
4. Continue learning more about HTML/CSS – Totally did that this week. I started writing code! I can now write a heading for my website. That’s a start, right?
5. Join my church in reading the New Testament – TK and I have been keeping up with this and I’ve already learned a lot. It’s interesting to read through the book of Matthew (for example) and keeping the author in mind. He had a much different perspective and audience than other writers such as Luke.