Hello, friends! I have been crazy busy (a post coming on that later) but I wanted to tell you about the delicious cupcakes I made for our Super Bowl party.
I found the recipe on Pinterest and kind of had to change it up a bit because the Oreos did not go as far as they should have. Hmmm…
Also, I got to use my mother-in-law’s cool Pampered Chef icing thing to decorate. That was cool and made the process so much fun!
Here’s the recipe with the simple changes I made:
Oreo Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- boxed white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 package of Oreos
- 10 TBSP butter
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 TBSP sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cupcake pan(s) for 24 cupcakes.
- Split 24 Oreo cookies into halves leaving the cream on one half (that leaves you with 24 creamed wafers and 24 blank wafers).
- Put creamed wafers in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Break the blank wafers into crumbs and put aside.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, eggs, melted butter and water on low for one minute and then on high until it’s thick and creamy.
- Fold in most of the cookie crumbs you made in step 4. I had to save some for the garnish at the end.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut 12 cookies in half across the diameter of the cookie so you have 24 total half-circles for garnish.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together. Whip until fluffy and then add in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar in slowly and mix until smooth.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, pipe the icing on and garnish with cookie-halves and crumbs.